Module 1: Welcome to the Canadian Market, Health Canada and the PAAB
- Covers what you need to know to get started; Regulations and Ethics, Who reviews what? What is the PAAB Code? What is considered advertising? And how do I apply the PAAB code?
- Review of what to submit to PAAB’s preclearance service.
This introductory module sets the stage for the regulatory framework in Canada. Understanding the 'why' and 'how' of drug advertising regulations in Canada will support a deeper understanding of the PAAB Code and its application.
Module 2: Balance is Key
- Clear and simple outline of the three levels of fair balance and why it’s important.
- How to generate the three levels accurately with correct placement and prominence across different materials.
- Examples of correct applications of Fair Balance across multiple on and offline promotional materials.
By the end of this module you will know how to successfully apply fair balance to your advertising pieces.
Module 3: How do I substantiate this claim? Creating evidence based advertising
- Learn what creates a “true” claim and how to make an evidence based claim
- Understand what sources we need to substantiate clinical efficacy and safety claims.
- What sources you need to substantiate non clinical type claims and then some common pitfalls that that can arise.
By the end of this module you will have a better understanding of the type and level of evidence to apply to the various claims you’re making.
Module 4: Marketing to Consumers and Patients
- Review a patient’s journey; how they go from being a consumer, to being a patient, identifying the right types of messaging they can be target with.
- Understand the direct to consumer advertising regulations and rules for patient information.
- Cover the core principles for creating branded and unbranded disease information.
By the end of this module you will be better equipped to start generating consumer and patient information.
Module 5: Multichannel Marketing to Healthcare Professionals
- Create consistent and balanced campaign materials across multiple channels and touchpoints.
- Learn what to consider when linking communications from web, to print to social to text (branded, unbranded, third party sites & gated sites).
- Deep dive: From marketing ‘teaser campaigns’ to reps supporting clinical trial recruitment.
By the end of this module you will know how to successfully remain on the correct side of the code in your communication campaigns.
Module 6: Social media
- How to compliantly create and maintain dialogue via social media.
- Review dialogue with and between users, from mature platforms like Facebook and Twitter to gated environments, emerging platforms and how AI can support chatbots.
By the end of this module you will have a good understanding of how to compliantly navigate in this fast moving world.