PAAB’s team has designed a challenging and fun hands-on workshop that’ll help develop your abilities to apply the code across all marketing & communication materials
Patrick Massad, Commissioner, PAAB
Reasons to attend
PAAB's only in-person event this year.
Collaborate with PAAB reviewers colleagues and executives from other companies.
Digital product ads & email case studies - Develop skills to enhance your ability to compliantly present products across popular mediums.
Patient Support - Learn to align your patient support program seamlessly with product information, while maintaining compliance.
Apply your learnings right away
87% of our 2022 attendees said they planned to implement what they learned right away.
MONTREAL | TUE | OCT 24
Located in Hôtel Armon Plaza Aéroport
6600 Cote – de – Lisesse, Saint – Laurent,
QC, H4T 1E3, Canada
TORONTO | THU | OCT 26
Sandman Signature Toronto Hotel
55 Reading CT, Toronto, Ontario, M9W7K7, Canada
The workshop is designed for anyone who has completed 1.0, 2.0 training, or experienced in the PAAB code and working on a regular basis in healthcare advertising, marketing or communication materials that circulate in the Canadian market.
- REGISTRATION OPENS
- WORKSHOP STARTS
- EVENT FINISHES
08:30 - 09:30 | Registration and breakfast.
09:30 - 09:45 | Workshop Introduction and house rules. Jennifer Carroll, Director of Communications PAAB
09:45 - 10:45 | Session 1, Becoming a newly appointed PAAB Reviewer: Understand the science of APS Reviews
- Via group working, you’ll review a competitor's complex Advertising/Promotions System (APS) submission to identify all potential code violations.
- Apply the principles of the PAAB Code to assess the acceptability of all copy, tools, formatting, and linkages.
- Practice verbalizing a PAAB response with your group to solidify your knowledge of code principles and skills in a review process.
10:45 - 11:05 | Coffee break
11:05 - 12:00 | Session 1.1: Create a detailed and accurate PAAB letter
- Utilize your previous experience and insights gained from the first session to co-create with your team a comprehensive PAAB Letter.
- Highlight all applicable Code references in the letter to support your analysis.
- Provide recommendations for compliant solutions when non-compliance is identified.
- A comprehensive, accurate and effective PAAB letter, showcasing proficiency in applying the Code's principles to a complex APS.
- Enhanced verbalization and writing skills related to PAAB responses.
- Deeper understanding of effectively applying principles of the Code in practice.
12:00 - 13:00 | Lunch
13:00 - 14:00 | Session 2, Responding to PAAB Reviewers: Aligning submission updates to meet code requirements
In the day’s 2nd session, you’ll collaborate with your colleagues to respond to a PAAB letter; unpacking a fictional submission created by newly appointed Reviewers from an opposing group.
- Work within your group to resolve all identified challenges and propose compliant solutions.
- Incorporate reviewer recommendations where applicable to enhance compliance.
- Analyze the impact of recommended changes on compliance with PAAB guidelines to create a detailed and accurate response that meets the Code principles.
- A clear, well-structured response that addresses all Reviewer comments to meet the Code's principles across a complex APS.
- Enhanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills to address non-compliance effectively.
- Improved ability in presenting accurate and precise amendments to a complex APS.
14:00 - 14:20 | Coffee
14:20 - 15:45 | Summary Discussion: Share Insights and Resolutions
In the day’s final session, (actual) PAAB reviewers will summarize the challenges injected into each APS, illustrating how each group effectively reviewed and then resolved all issues.
This session will be a chance for you to further discuss discrepancies, share insightful discussions from your group and gain answers to any final questions.
16:00 | Event Ends
Disclaimer: PAAB reserves the right to make changes to the agenda and timings as necessary.
Certificate & LinkedIn Badge
Showcase your understanding of the PAAB code
Demonstrate that your PAAB knowledge is up to date
Certification achieved by students who pass ALL final quizzes in the course
Badges provided by a 3rd party provider, Credly, and sync directly to your LinkedIn once your account has been created.